Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Pinterest 1st Birthday

I need to start with a great BIG APOLOGY for my lack of postings on this blog. It turns out that building a house, trying to get settled into a new city, working part-time, and having an infant really doesn't leave a ton of time for blogging....but I'm hoping to remedy that situation in the coming months. While I haven't been posting, I HAVE been cooking and testing recipes from Pinterest very regularly and I've got some catching up do! But, to kick-off my return to experimental pinterest-ing, I thought I'd post some pics from my son's 1st birthday party! 

His current favorite read is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?" so it only seemed appropriate that we do a book themed, rainbow colored party! I tried to pull in all the colors from the book and create a very bright and fun birthday, but let's be honest, it was a one year old party so I tried not to go too overboard and create an over the top, pinterest-perfect party. I did, however, allow pinterest to inspire some of my decor and theme/food ideas. 

Here's the table, all decked out with our brown bear inspired foods...

Brown bear fabric ordered from the Eric Carle Storybook Museum Gift Shop, Cupcake toppers designed by Frost and Fete via ETSY,  Food labels made by me and my mom :) and cake by Sweet Hope Cafe, Tyler, TX
It's hard to see but I paper clipped monthly photos of the little guy to balloon strings that hung over the table. This was inspired by this pinterest post http://pinterest.com/pin/103793966382996028/ Also, I made a cute balloon wreath but I put it around the bottom of the cake stand and liked it so much I left it as table decor instead of hanging it. Inspiration and instructions here http://pinterest.com/pin/127226758192694324/
This was the favor table. I made a little snack mix of chocolate Teddy Grahams (Brown Bears), Goldfish Crackers, Animal Crackers, and colorful M&M's and ordered the cute gift tag designs from Frost and Fete on Etsy. Floral Arrangment by my mom (she's gifted).


Gift Tags

One of my favorite shots...not too sure about that cake :)

...But he came around
Little man had an amazing time at his first birthday. We also served juice boxes and my dad's famous breakfast burritos (for the grown-ups:).  I ended up buying a couple of craft punches and LOTS of colored cardstock, rainbow plates etc...we may be having a Brown Bear themed birthday party for the next 4 years :)


No comments:

Post a Comment